27 August 2014

Widgets

BURGER AND FRIES KIND OF DAY.

Yum


I just realized that the first time I made a hamburger was just a couple of months ago! I have been cooking for a long time and living in Europe since I was 17 and I made my first burger just now when I'm 25 years old!

Actually, I wanted to try to make the twice cooked french fries. Unfortunately, my first attempt on this was not successful. I tried to do every steps right, having a nice sliced potatoes, letting the potatoes dry first after washing it, measuring my oil temperature, but still it did not come out as I expected. It was not as crispy as it should be.. Oh well, something to do next time..  In the meantime, here's my burger!


Ingredients
  • 400 gr of ground beef
  • 1 large onion, grated
  • 2 garlic, grated
  • grated nutmeg
  • salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients to assemble
  • Hamburger buns
  • Iceberg salad
  • 2 - 3 slices of bacon
  • a slice of cheddar cheese
  • Tomato and onion slices
  • 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon of saus sambal
  • Sunny side up with fresh pepper
  • twice cooked french fries on the side
Method
  • Mix all the ingredients to make the beef patty. Divide to four portion, about 110 gr per patty. 
  • Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and cook the beef in the griddle with medium heat, I like my burger to be cooked through so I cook them 4 minutes on each side.
  • Let rest on an aluminium foil for 3 - 4 minutes, also put on the cheddar cheese and it will start to melt on the meat. 
  • I put my hamburger buns in a panini press, to warm and crispen it up. You can do it by cooking them in the griddle where you cooked your beef patty.
  • Smear the mayonnaise sauce mix to the buns and start assembling!



3 comments:

  1. I am definitely craving a burger and fries right now.. think I have to either make this recipe for dinner or order take out! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is definitely some burger! Pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...