19 August 2014

Widgets

ROTI PANGGANG | TOASTED SANDWICH

Yum



This is a simple sandwich with a little twist. When I was a kid, this was my favourite snack for the day. This morning, I decide to make one for my breakfast, perfect with my morning cappuccino!


Ingredients 
  • 2 slices of bread
  • Butter and peanut butter
  • Chocolate sprinkles / hagelslag
  • 1 slice of cheddar cheese
  • Condensed milk
Method
  • Make a simple sandwich with the peanut butter, chocolate sprinkles and cheddar cheese. 
  • Toast in a teflon pan for for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. 
  • Serve with a bit of condensed milk on top. 
Notes

  • I use brown bread here, but normally in Jakarta I would use white bread because it's more common there. 
  • Add more taste by adding some jam into the sandwich! start with peanut butter, jelly, chocolate sprinkles and then cheese! 
This combination is used a lot for sweet dishes in Indonesia. For example, if you order super special sweet martabak, you'll get the filling with ground nuts, chocolate sprinkles, grated cheese, and condensed milk. On a pancake/crepe stalls, the  famous combination is chocolate, cheese, banana and condensed milk. 

I also make this sandwich untoasted and bring them to school for snack, some of my friends find it weird that I mix cheese and chocolate. But the cheese in Indonesia is not as strong as some of Nederlandse kaas. I would not use a block of jong/oud belegen cheese to make as a sweet dish.. Maybe pair it with red wine :)


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...